Thursday 4 May 2017

Spirit of Canada - Chicken Soup with a Pinch of Hutterite Flavour

EXCITING NEWS! 

About the Book:

Chicken Soup for the Soul The Spirit of Canada is finished and at the printer. The release date is June 6th, 2017 - just in time for Canada Day! This book has 101 wonderful, heartwarming, touching stories that celebrate who we are as Canadians, and how much we love this country. We read over 1000 stories to arrive at this final group, and believe me, those final decisions were not easy. Congratulations to all the authors whose stories were chosen to be included. 

I'm delighted to be one of those authors! After years of submitting numerous stories to Chicken Soup for the Soul, one of them has finally made it into a book  - and a very Canadian book, too! I can't wait to leaf through this book and look for my story. Yes, for sure I'll read all the other stories as well, but first, I'll just need to savour seeing my own.

So, if you're yearning for a helping of Chicken Soup with a pinch of Hutterite flavour, this is it. (No bowl or spoon necessary, just a copy of the book and your favourite reading spot.) Of course, Spirit of Canada would also make a great Canada Day gift, or for any other occasion. If you have a chance to read my story, I'd love to hear from you.

Have you or any one you know ever had a story published in a Chicken Soup book?

I'm wondering if any Hutterites have ever had their stories appear in these books. I've read many Chicken Soup books over the years, but have never seen a story by a Hutterite in any of them. But, of course I haven't read them all.


4 comments:

  1. This is exciting. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Unknown! It is exciting and am really looking forward to the arrival of my author copies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Linda. I would be super excited too! Thanks for letting us know and I'm guessing for many, this might be the first time they have even heard of Hutterites. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're probably right, Melodie.
    I got my author copies last week. It was so special to open that box and see my story. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!