Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hutterite Diaries Snippet #3

 One chapter in Hutterite Diaries is about a fire that destroyed one of our buildings. Today's snippet is from that chapter:

 On the first Sunday after the fire, when this loss was still
heavy on our minds, worshiping together with brothers and
sisters was like a soothing balm. We were reminded of God’s
goodness, even in the face of tragedy. “Compared to all the
things we still have to be thankful for, this building was but a
speck,” our minister reminded us. “We have every reason to lift
our voices with the psalmist David, ‘Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits’ ” Psalm 103:2

I'm also including another endorsement:

“This book will awaken your longing for a better world. As I read it, I smiled, laughed out loud, and cried along with the author and her community. I love the idea of Plainspoken Memoirs and eagerly await more. Linda Maendel takes you deep into Hutterian community life one gentle picture at a time.”—Shirley Showalter, author, Blush

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait, I've got it on order. Hope you're doing well, Linda, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth! I am doing well. Wishing you a Blessed and meaningful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!