Friday 20 March 2015

Hutterite Diaries Snippet #1

I'm starting a new series here on my blog. No not a series of books, for I first want to see my current one set free on May the 18th of this year. Every few days or so, I will post an enticing tidbit from my upcoming book, Hutterite Diaries  - well, at least I hope they'll be enticing. I also hope you'll enjoy them enough to share them with others, and/or are inspired to leave your thoughts in the comment section. I'd love to hear from you!

My book has been endorsed by some wonderful people; some I know personally, some I've never met face-to-face, but had heard about. I'm very grateful for their kind words and their willingness to write an endorsement and am truly humbled and touched each time I read them. 

So today, the first snippet will be one of these heart-warming endorsements. It's from John Friesen, who I've known for many years. He's professor emeritus, Canadian Mennonite University in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I'm honoured to say, I've taken some of his church history courses. Mr. Friesen also kindly agreed to edit one of the chapters pertaining to our history.  


“What an amazing book! Informative, interesting, entertaining, and very well written. Through skillfully told stories, Linda Maendel, an insider, guides the reader on a journey exploring the world of a Hutterite community. Her book provides an important addition to the literature now available about Hutterite life.” — John J. Friesen, Professor Emeritus, Canadian Mennonite University




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!