Wednesday 15 June 2016

Snapshot Muse #22 - Shall We Gather at the River

Towards the end of our field trip last week, we spent some time at the beautiful Island Park in Portage la Prairie. We had lots of fun at the Oak Hammock Marsh, but since it was so hot in the afternoon, Lower Fort Gary was a little less so. 

It didn't help that I was dealing with a nasty head cold; and a bus-full of energetic kids wasn't the right kind of medicine. However, while our students were enjoying the playground, I got the chance to rest beside the water. A gentle breeze whispered through the leaves of the giant trees around me; soothing and cool. Nearby a wild duck lazily bobbed about on the shimmering Crescent Lake. This medicine worked better. 

I was reminded of a beautiful old hymn, by Rob Lowry (1864).


3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!