Monday 11 January 2016

Thank You For Sharing My Book!


 



As a writer, it's always heart-warming and very much appreciated to hear when our published books become gifts. Every time that happens, it's a special gift to the author; even if they never know about it.

I just want to take a moment to thank people who used Hutterite Diaries as a gift this Christmas, or any other time. I know of a number of people who have done so, some bought a number of copies for just that purpose. 

Thank you so much for deeming my book a good gift choice. This really is one of the greater joys of getting a book published. I sincerely hope your family and friends enjoyed the stories in my book.

I love to give books away myself and do so regularly, as much as love to receive them. Sharing stories is a wonderful way to touch people, as they bring smiles (sometimes also tears) and provide hours of quiet, yet powerful and enjoyable entertainment. 

There's no better down-time activity then curling up with a good book, and when it's as cold as we have it in Manitoba at the moment, (-21 Celsius, somewhere around -29 Fahrenheit, I think), then having tea or hot chocolate close by, is a good idea as well. 

Have you been a recipient or giver of Hutterite Diaries?  Or perhaps it's still on your wish-list. Whichever it is, I'd love to hear your story.

Keep sharing stories. As Sigmund Brouwer says, "Telling stories makes us human, and we are human because we tell story."

2 comments:

  1. I have your book on my wish list and hoping to get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wish comes true and that you enjoy reading the book, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!