Thursday 16 January 2014

Snapshot Muse #3 - The Wind was like Sand in my Face...

May as well talk about the wind today, (everybody else is) which has been howling haunting songs since last night. Right now the weather report looks like this: Light snow and local blowing snow ending this morning then clearing. Wind north 50 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature falling to minus 19 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 33. So the wind is settling down somewhat - it was gusting to 80 early this morning, as I was enjoying my second cup of coffee.

Strange weather all over Manitoba, for sure - major roads and schools closed as well. Some describe the wind as 'a gale'. And oh the howls and whistles! I actually love hearing wind songs, cozy inside with a good book and a hot beverage.

The howling wind actually brought back a few lines from a song I heard many years ago - haven't thought of that one for a loooong time - and strangely enough, the only words I remember are: From out of the north the wind came howling. The wind was like sand in my face... For some reason, I think it's a cowboy song. Does anyone know that one? I'd appreciate if you'd let me know!



1 comment:

  1. If you think you're hearing howling, you should come over here! The whole trailer is shaking and creaking. It's frightening, but somehow I still feel safe, even though I expect my barbecuer to break through the front door any second.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!