Wednesday 5 September 2018

First Day Back!

It's the first day back in school, well, not exactly, as I've been back since two weeks ago. But it is the first day with the students back.

Should I be looking for a job?

I have two little girls in Kindergarten this year, one of them my niece, who's never at a loss for words. 

A few days ago, I teased her, "Annette, I can't find a place for you at school. What will we do?" Without missing a beat she replied, "I'll be the teacher."

This with a How-does-that-grab-you? expression. Of course I laughed. She hasn't been to school for a day, yet, but thinks she can be the teacher. I like her confidence. (I'll try to forget about the fact that at recess she informed her mom, a teacher here, and not quite ready to send her littlest one to school, "I want to go back to preschool." 

Should be an interesting year, especially since the other little girl is just as talkative and lively as Annette. Between the two of them I should be kept at least as busy as I was with the seven Kindergartners I had last year.

I'd love to hear your first-day-back stories! Doesn't matter if your a teacher, mom or anyone else who's familiar with those first days of the new school year. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!