Saturday 9 February 2013

Author Feature - Ruth Ann Stelfox

I'm thrilled to have Ruth Ann Stelfox here today to help us celebrate authors! She's one of my newest authors - I only heard about her a few weeks ago when her cousin, Judy introduced me to her by giving me one of her books. Joey's Story, which I'm happy to say, I've reviewed. Even though it's not an easy story to read, I'm still glad I did. Ruth Ann is a wonderful storyteller and if you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it.

My husband, Wayne, and myself live on a small acreage about twenty minutes from the lovely city of lethbridge, Alberta. Wayne builds garden sheds and garages for a business and I like to babysit our three little grandchildren, cook for the field crews in the spring and fall and of course, write! We love to travel; especially to Africa, which was the inspiration of my first book; Tears Of the Rain.

There's nothing quite as intriguing as a clean sheet of white paper! It holds endless possibilities, don't you think? Right now I feel too busy to start another book, but hopefully I can begin sometime in the near future.
 
My husband and I travelled to Nicaragua to interview Joanna Miller, the main character of Joey's Story. It was an amazing experience and it took about two years to get all the details ironed out via e-mails and phone calls. "Joey" and I were kindred spirits and I wanted to give her story my best effort. You have already given a descriptive review of it, so I will just add that it can be ordered on amazon.com, or directly from the publishers; www.clp.org.
If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them @ wrfox@shockware.com
 
Ruth Ann, thank you so much for being a guest on my blog! All the best in your future writing endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!