Monday, 3 October 2011

'I Am the Vine, you are the Branches'

We have some grape vines in our backyard. They didn't bear as much fruit as in previous years, but the grapes we got off of them were very nice anyway. (The black bird loved them, too.) They're bit sour to eat, but they do make deliscious jelly and nice wine.







The teaching for our Sunday service was from John 15. Thought it would go well with this post.


"5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."

3 comments:

louie said...

Nice post, nice grapes, nicer message

Jodi Janz said...

That is one of my favourite scripture sections. I love thinking I am connected to God in such a tangible way.
Thanks for the reminder.

Paul A. B. said...

Lovely grapes! I bet they are Beta grapes - those are some of the hardiest grape types around. Very inspiring, and lovely to see. Thanks for sharing!